Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Almost ready to start knitting


Hi again!

I'm officially on holiday! I slept until 9.30 this morning, and I plan on starting my knitting project today! I decided that if the new wooden needles from KnitPicks don't show up in the mail today, I will start with my old plastic ones. I can always switch when they arrive! Too bad the weather isn't as great as it has been the last week, but it's still hot as a baking oven. I'm actually not quite finished with my thesis yet, but I will be today, so that's ok.

I thought I would tell a little about myself, since I haven't had the time yet. I live in Linköping, Sweden, but was born and raised in Borås (which is sort of like the textile capital in Sweden). I moved to Linköping in 1999 to study at the university, and had my Masters in Medical Biology in 2004. I then started my PhD studies at the Department for Molecular and Immunological Pathology at the University Hospital, which is what I've been doing since then. This september I will get my licenciate degree, and hopefully I will continue to get my full PhD later on. I live with my husband Thomas, who works at the city museum, and my precious little Dveon Rex cat Hobbe (who turned three years old yesterday!) in an rented semi-attached house just off the city center. We used to have another cat as well, Gizmo, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, he passed away nine moths ago. Hobbe is doing well as a "single" cat, but eventually we plan on getting another one. We just have to get over Gizmo first.

Here are my darlings, Gizmo on the left and Hobbe to the right.




To celebrate my vacation I went into the city center yesterday and did some knitting-related shopping. I bought a new book, titled "Klassisk Stickning" (the english title is "Vintage knitwear for modern knitters"), by Lise-Lotte Lystrup. I think I want to knit about 20 projects from this book, since I LOVE vintage clothing, especially from the 50's and 60's, so I think I'm set pattern-wise for the rest of the year.

I also bought some beads that I plan to knit into the shawl I'm going to knit. I found a YouTube instruction video that showed an ingeneous way of incorporating pearls into a knit without pre-stringing, so I plan to try this out.

Finally, I ordered three other books online as well, "Vogue Knitting: the Ultimate Knitting Book", "Börja Virka" ("Start to crochet") by Sys Fredens, and "Virka amigurumi : söta små glädjespridare" (Crochet amigurumi: Pretty little happy-makers") by Mia Bengtsson. Hopefully they will arrive fast!




Now I'll finish my thesis book, so I can start knitting already!

/ Jenny

1 comment:

Sanna said...

Söta böcker! kan komma att hamna hos framtida grannen snart, vår familj funkar ju så =)