Monday, July 20, 2009

Lazy...


Hi all!

I've not written anything for a while, I've just been too lazy. On Friday 17th, my parents came to Linköping, and on Saturday we all helped my sister and her boyfriend move. It was really exhausting, so yesterday I did mostly nothing. Me and my husband went to the post office and picked up my new knitting books, and they are great! They actually arrived at the post office last saturday, but since I had ordered them in my husband's name, and there is an ID check to collect the books, I couldn't pick them up until he came back from Borås.

I am most pleased with the Crochet Amigurumi book, it actually doesn't look that hard. So I guess I will be filling our apartment with little stuffed animals from now on, and all my friends and family will probably get one for christmas as well! The learning how to crochet book immediately migrated to my sisters new apartment (which I guess is ok, since we now live about 20 meters from each other, we're neighbours), so I guess she liked them too.

The shawl is coming along nicely. I think I have a little over 500 stitches on the needles now, and I saw yesterday that there will be 700 when it is finished. I only have 2 1/2 skeins of yarn left, however, so I think I will have to bye one or two more or I will run out. The pearls are looking great as well, and I went and bought some more on friday when my parents were in town. They are actually intended for scrap-booking and such, and I've bought them at the paper store so they are really cheap plastic I think, but they fit perfectly with the purple yarn so I don't care.

Oh, on Friday when me, my mom and my sister walked around in the center of the town, we found a new shoe store! So I immediately proceeded to buy two pairs, because they were REALLY cheap as well, and my sister bought three pairs for herself. Unfortunately, I now have blisters underneath my feet from another pair of shoes, so I have to wait for them to heal before I can use the new ones. But they were really nice, a pair of really bright red slippers with a tiny, 2 cm heel, and a pair of gorgeous green stilletoes with white dots on, that were open in the toe, with maybe 7 cm heel. I guess I have to throw out some old pairs soon, to find the space for all the new ones...

I'll see if I cant finish the shawl this week, so I'll have some photos to show you soon. Each row takes me forever now, since there are so many stitches, so I might be overly optimistic about that time frame.

/ Jenny

No comments: