Friday, August 07, 2009

Blocking


I finished my shawl yesterday! It's huge! In the description it said it would use 8 skeins of yarn, but I had to use almost 10, so my gauge was probably off. I had to do the blocking in the bedroom, because I found out today that Hobbe likes to pull the needles from the blocking mat with his mouth! Unfortunately, the shawl didn't fit on the bed, so I'm blocking half now and will do the other half when this half has dried. I cheated a bit and used a squirt bottle to only dampen the shawl, so I hope it will be dreid by tonight. Otherwise I think we will have to sleep on the couch.

I took some pictures too, but I haven't loaded them onto the computer yet, so I think I will post all of them (before, during and after blocking) when the whole thing is done.

This afternoon I'm going to my first knitting café! One of the knitting groups in Linköping (can you believe there is more than one!), Linköping Knitters, have meetings on different cafés every week, and this week I finally have time to go. So sometime around 16.00 I will be at Wayne´s Coffee and hopefully meet some other knitters too.

Now I'll jump in the shower and then go out to the university to pick up my first printed copy of the thesis book! It's just the trial version, I have a week to make layout changes and such, but it's still very exciting!

/ Jenny

No comments: