Monday, December 21, 2009

Soon


Yes, it's not long til Christmas now! I just wish I didn't have to work tomorrow too, but at least I get Wednesday off. Here in Sweden we celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve, so I'm taking a vaccation day on Wednesday so we can drive down to our parents in Borås (and of course Thomas and I don't have the same parents, but they all live in Borås). On Wednesday night my family always puts up the tree and decorate it, and hopefully there will be some good food too. My parents have the slowest internet connection in the world, so I'll probably just check my emails (and Ravelry every once in a while), while I'm there. So this will be my last post before Christmas!

I'm done with the mittens that my grandfather is getting for Christmas! I took them off the blocking boards today, and I've fluffed up the inside a bit so they feel really soft. They look really good to, so I hope he will be pleased!


Isn't Hobbe's fur super-cute under the mittens?!

I've also started my first sock from the Sock Innovation book by Cookie A. I love all her patterns, and as I couldn't make up my mind on which pattern to start with, I just chose the first pattern in the book, Glynis. I'm knitting them in my Colinette Jitterbug yarn, that is 100 % merino sock yarn. I think the yarn might be a little bit too busy to allow the lace pattern to really show, but I don't care. The yarn will make the socks look fabulous either way, and I'm happy that they are a fun knit. And the yarn is really lovely to work with too. I think I'll primarily bring sock yarn with me to Borås, and knit socks until I can cast on for the shawls. I might bring some of the pink/orange Palette as well, and start the St James top too. I could at least bring it, to be on the safe side :)


Oh, and yesterday I got to go with Anna and her parents to a Christmas concert with musical star Peter Johansson (he has among other things played the lead role in the Queen musical We Will Rock You in London) and his cousin Matilda Hansson. The Concert was SOOO good, and when Matilda sang Pie Jesu (written by Andrew Lloyd Webber), I actually cried a little. I'm so incredibly thankful that I got that ticket, I really appreciated it. And I know that I will go see them again if they come back next year :) Oh, and speaking of Anna: She just landed her first teaching job! She's starting as a pre-school teacher at the end of January, and I'm so happy for her. Congrats, Anna!

And this Saturday I made more Christmas candy with my two friends from work, Jenny and Klara. They are two of my closest friends, and as Klara is already living in Liverpool, and Jenny is moving to Amsterdam, in the Netherlands, in april, I'm just happy to spend as much time with them as I can. There wasn't too much champagne involved this year (I drove, so I didn't have any at all), but lots of good chocolate truffles and toffee. I doubt that I will be able to eat all this candy by myself, so it's a good thing I can bring it with me to my parents. I would send you all some, but unfortunately the truffles came out a bit soft, and I think they'd melt during shipping. You'll just have to take my word for it that they taste very good!

And I can also tell you that our apartment is now clean! We scrubbed the kitchen and both bathrooms squeaky clean yesterday, we vacuumed and wet-wiped the floors, and today we're doing the last laundry before we leave. It feels so much better to leave a clean apartment, so you don't have to start cleaning as soon as you get back. We'll probably get back on the 28:th or 29:th, so we'l only be gone a few days, but even so. I'm just happier in a clean apartment!

Now I'll start adding the photos, so I'm done when the pizza gets here! I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas holiday, filled with happy feelings and lots of family, good food and presents! I'll see you again before the year ends!

/ Jenny

2 comments:

Helene said...

God Jul
och
Gott Nytt År

/Helene

Anna said...

:D I've had the biggest smile on my face for the last 24 hours and I feel so blessed! Thank you for thinking of me and thank you for being such a great friend! 2009 haven't been such a bad year after all ;) I've found LKPG Knitters, I've met you (and many other super nice knitters) and I've gotten my first teaching job! Life s good! I wish you the very best for Christmas och New Years and I look forward to spending more time with you (and Thomas and Hobbe;)) when we are all back in town again!
xxx
Anna