Saturday, March 06, 2010

I'm a test knitter!


I know I said I would probably finish the Cat mittens this weekend, but yesterday I got such a great message on Ravelry: One of the Ladies in the 10 shawls in 2010 group, dartfrog911,  asked me if I wanted to test-knit a pattern she is writing. And boy, do I?! This is what her finished shawl looks like, I borrowed the photo from her Ravelry site:


Isn't it gorgeous?! And the pattern is great so far, and I really like that she has used different colours for the different repeats (you'll see what I mean once the pattern is released :). I cast on this morning, and I'm using my KnitPick's Alpaca Cloud yarn in colourway Autumn. I had planned to add beads, but unfortunately the only colour beads I had that would match the yarn, were a bit too big. I tried on a few rows, but they looked weird, so I frogged and restarted without them. This is what I've got so far:


The colour doesn't really come through in this photo, I'll try to get some photos in daylight tomorrow. I can't tell you how thrilled I am about getting the chance to test-knit this pattern, it's so much fun. I'm very honoured that the designer asked me, I guess she noticed that I had commented on her finished one, as I loved it. It's a fairly easy knit so far, but not at all boring. I still have to look at the charts every row, and that makes me happy :)

Tomorrow Thomas is finally having the premiere of the new computer exhibition at our city museum. He's been working like 16 hours a day for the last three weeks, so it will be great to get him back to normal next week. He's starting his new work-hours next month as well, so he'll only work three days a week for some months. It means a little less money than before, especially since I'm going to be unemployed, but I think we'll manage. I still get 80 % of my pay from the union/unemployment office, so I don't forsee any famine or anything :)

Now I'm going to take a shower and then finish listening to the third audio book in the Twilight series. I think I said before that I think they are a bit adolescent for me, and a bit too sappy, but I still want to see how it ends. And I guess I have to see the movies at some point too, although from what I've seen on trailers and such, I don't think I'll like the casting. We'll see when I get there.

Have a nice weekend!

/ Jenny

7 comments:

Kate said...

What a pretty shawl! The alpaca should give it a nice little halo :D

Stacy said...

That shawl is gorgeous. I'd like to knit it when the pattern becomes available. What an honor to be asked to be a test knitter.

The first Twilight movie isn't great (I still watched it like a zillion times), but I thought the second movie, New Moon, was pretty good. The first and last books are my favorites.

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

Your shawl is coming along beautifully! And do I see a hint of your fluffy house coat in there too? hehe

Kitty said...

Congrats on a test knit! That shawl looks beautiful! I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Jenn said...

That shawl is lovely!

As far as the Twilight series...love them. Not literary genius, but what can I say...I love me some teenaged angsty vampire/shape shifter fantasy for allowing my to just "get away" for a bit :) Enjoyed the books, the movies were eh.

ImplausibleYarn said...

You are so talented of course people would want you to be a test knitter!
So you've been sucked into twilight huh? Read on to the bitter end. If you really get into it she has another book not finished on her website that was leaked written from Edwards point of view.

Maiden Jane said...

That is so pretty. You must be a good knitter to test knit! I can't wait to see it unfold.