Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Glynis socks - Check!


Ok, let's see if I can manage to write this and post it before midnight?! My stomach has been quite good the past few days, but tonight it is acting up again, so I figured I might as well stay awake for a while longer. So I finished the Glynis socks! FINALLY!


I've been working on these for FOUR MONTHS! They are horribly ugly, I've seen these types of yarn/pattern mis-matches referred to as "Clown Barf" on Ravelry, and that about sums it up. I'll still wear them, because they are extremely comfy and sort of squishy. They are made from Colinette Jitterbug yarn, in colourway Gaugain, using 2.25 mm needles. I think I had about 15 m left of the yarn, so it was a pretty close call!

If you look closely at the toe part, which is just plain stockinette, you can see that the yarn is actually quite cool looking when it's not in the way too tiny pattern. And I love the yarn so much, it's incredibly springy to knit with. I heard somewhere that it is spun in a certain way to gain this springy-ness, but I have no idea how it's done. I bet that if you're really interested, you can look it up on the Colinette webpage (I don't have a link for it, as it is late and I'm too lazy to look it up).

Other than that, not much is up. Thomas made a deliceous broccoli/ham/leek pie (or do you call it quiche when it's not a dessert (and I had to look up the spelling for dessert, I could just as easily have put down desert...)?) for dinner tonight, and I guess my stomach just thought that I shouldn't get to enjoy it (I did anyway so HA!). I'm just so thrilled that Thomas likes to cook! I'm totally kitchen handicapped, although I love to eat good food, so Thomas does almost all the cooking around here. Thank God! Besides my stomach issues, we've actually had a nice evening, just watching a zombie flick (Pontypool) and actually spending some time together. Even though I'm home all day, it seems like we haven't actually done that for a while (of course, he's still at work during the days).

Oh, and I think my eye infection might have plugged my tear canal shut, as I have been feeling almost too dry in the eye since yesterday. Well what do you know, the eye drops really helped with that! :) So my eye is feeling a bit better now too. Just so you know that not all is wrong in the house of Jenny!

Now I'm off to peruse my sock books, to find a perfect sock pattern to make for Christine, instead of the ugly (but still gorgeous, in a crazy sort of way) socks I'm currently wearing! I think I'm leaning towards something in the new Wendy D. Johnson Book, Toe-Up Socks for Every Body. Or maybe a pair from the Enchanted Sole book (I've forgotten the author's name, sorry, and the book is upstairs and I don't have the energy to go look it up). Or maybe I should just plug on with the next pattern in the Cookie A. book, Sock Innovation? Hmmm, decisions, decisions!

Good night to all of you, I'll be back soon with an update on the upcoming new yarn!

/ Jenny

1 comment:

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

wow, that's a lot of dedication knitting socks that tall! It kind of looks like one is taller than the other in the photo, though. hehe

My vote is for socks from the toe up - my favorite! :)