Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The cabin is ours!


Yesterday me and Thomas signed the papers for the cabin, so now it's officially ours! I feel so grown up, owning a property, but it is just so much fun! We're going to start with fixing a small leak in the roof, and then move on to tearing down all the 20 layers or so of old wall papers to put up some new ones. It seems that all the previous owners have just put up new wall paper on top of the old one, and now it's really showing. We're thinking white in the main room, and probably something blue and possibly flowered in the kitchen. Tonight we're going to buy some cleaning gear and stuff, and spend all of tomorrow just cleaning and fixing stuff.

I also got some yarn in the mail this week! On Monday my latest purchase from Nyansera arrived. Jenny, the owner of Nyansera (doesn't she have a beautiful name?), is going to publish her new shawl pattern in the near future, and she posted a photo of her first finished prototype the other day. She had knitted it in her new line of yarn called Takino (80 % merino/20 % bamboo lace yarn) in a colourway called Enchanted Forest, and I immediately fell in love. So I ordered two skeins, and the first arrived on Monday.


Isn't it gorgeous?! I love it, and the yarn is very soft and very shiny. I'm going to turn it into the Mystic Roses shawl, another of Anna Dalvi's designs.

Photo borrowed from Ravelry

Today my latest purchase arrived too. I ordered 7 skeins of Rowan Silk wool DK yarn from Garnkorgen that I intend to turn into the Silken Scabbard sweater. The yarn was on sale since it will now be discontinued at Garnkorgen, so I bought all the skeins they had. Unfortunately this won't be enough for the whole sweater, so I've also ordered some more skeins from Colourway in the UK.


Siken scabbard photo borrowed from Ravelry

Other than that I haven't done much but knit on the Gala shawl this week. I've almost finished the first skein, so I'm almost ready to start the edging. I can't wait to finish it so I can block it and show it to you, as the unblocked shawl looks like a frumpy lump right now.

/ Jenny

5 comments:

Mary said...

The sweater will be soooo beautiful! Congrats on the cabin

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the purchase of the cabin and enjoy cleaning it up. A spinning wheel is a must in that cabin though :P

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

wow, when did you change your blog?? it looks really pretty!

That's a super cute sweater too darlin', and I LOVE that shawl. It might be my next one too?

Unknown said...

Congrats on the cabin!!! You will have to post tons of pics of it while you are working on it!!

Jenn said...

Congrats on officially becoming a cabin owner! it sounds like the perfect place to just get away from it all on the weekends. I wish you many happy years of relaxation there.