Thursday, June 17, 2010

Stupid stomach


I had to call in sick for a third day today, as my stomach just won't ease up! I hate to be away from work more than I have to, as I really like my new job, and that's a new feeling to me. I don't think I realised how much I actually hated my research job until I actually quit. 

One thing that was a bit nice about calling in sick today again was that the lady who handles all sick leaves told me that she had spoken to my new co-workers yesterday, and they had told her what a terrific worker I was! I'm very very pleased about that :)

The other thing that has been nice about being at home is that I've actually gotten lots and lots of knitting done. I finished the first Kai-Mei sock on Tuesday, and I love it!


I love the Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock yarn, and this colourway actually works really well with the pattern (for once!). They were really fun to knit, and the whole leg part is just 3 x 3 ribbing so I can bring it to work and knit at the coffee breaks.

Yesterday I also finished the first of the Guinevere gloves yesterday, and I've woven in the ends this morning. 


I can't begin to tell you how fond I am of this gorgeous yarn (KnitPicks Stroll, colourway Saphire Heather). It's such a deep and vivid blue, and even though I very rarely wear blue I just adore this colour. The pattern was so much fun to knit, and I've now made my first i-cord edging. Too bad that it really is way too warm to wear them any time soon (although I'm certainly not complaining about summer, I love these warm, light days!).

I've also knitted a lot on the Gala shawl, and it is looking really good!


The yarn is really working well with this pattern so far, and I'm really curious about how it will look when it's blocked. I haven't even used a quarter of the first skein yet though, so I'm guessing it will take some time yet.

Finally, I'm also working some on the Owls sweater, but I haven't taken a photo of it yet. It's still only stockinette, but I'm almost up to the arm holes. The season is a bit warm for this sweater too, but I can really see myself using it a lot this winter!

Today I think I'll focus more on the Gala shawl, as I really want to finish it as fast as possible. Let's all hope that my stomach gets a grip on itself so I can go to work tomorrow!

/ Jenny

2 comments:

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

awww.. I'm sorry you're feeling yucky again, darlin'. :(

But oh my god those socks! That is GORGEOUS! I think I may need to knit that socks. And the glove is to DIE for!! You've got some rockin' knitting going on right now!

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better today! Seems like you are a fast knitter!!