Thursday, August 19, 2010

Drumroll please!


I got the job! There were 28 applicants, and I got it! Yay! So now I have work until the end of December, with a probable possibility of prolonging it then! I'm so happy! It's exhausting to work full time, but I love the job and I'm glad to have an income again. The job will be at different primary care units in Linköping and Motala (which is located about 40 minutes' drive from here), and I'll be doing the same type of work as I'm doing now in Mjölby.

I'm thinking of celebrating by buying some yarn, but I've decided to save the money for the upcoming USA trip. Also, my grandmother offered to sponsor my visit to the sewing festival at the end of September, and there will be yarns galore there (last year I walked out with two full gorcery bags of yarn after that visit...). So I think I'll try to hold out until then :)

I got into a bit of knitting slump after frogging the Paper Dolls sweater this weekend, but I've cast on for the Tunic Dress from the Debbie Bliss Magazine.


Photo borrowed from Ravelry

I'm using the awesome lilac bamboo yarn for Sout West Trading Company that I got from Ulrika the other week, and it's working out great! I've done some modifications to the pattern, the main one being that I'm knitting the skirt part in the round (as I hate sewing). I think I'm going to try to knit the body in one piece up to the arm holes as well, then I will just have to seem the shoulders toghether. And now that I think about it, I could just kitchener those stitches together too, and eliminate all sewing! I have no photos of my progress yet, but I'll try to get some this weekend!

/ Jenny

2 comments:

Virginia G said...

Oh that's really pretty!

And congratulations on the job! That's awesome. :)

Jenn said...

Congrats on the job! That sweater dress is way cute. Happy knitting!