Saturday, April 02, 2011

Knitting Goals



Today's topic: "Something to aspire to: Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? Is there a skill or project that makes your mind boggle at the sheer time, dedication and mastery of the craft? Maybe the skill or pattern is one that you don’t even personally want to make but can stand back and admire those that do. Maybe it is something you think you will never be bothered to actually make but can admire the result of those that have."

I have only knitted for about three years now, and I certainly don't feel that I'm fully educated! I still learn something on most projects I make, and I certainly develop my skills with every project. 

One thing I would very much like to try is entrelac knitting. I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the look of it, but it certainly looks very fun to do. I hope I get around to trying it out sometime this year.

I also plan on trying spinning this summer! I was starting to clan out my wool last summer, but that is a job that really needs to be done outside as it's really dirty, and we had such a short summer last year. I'm hoping for a longer one this year, so I can get around to actually using my spinning wheel. It looks like so much fun, and I have some gorgeous dyed wool in my stash that I really want to turn into yarn.





I also hope I get to be a faster knitter with more experience! I have sooo many patterns in my queue (on Ravelry) that I want to make NOW, and I know it will take me years to make them all because I'm not a very quick knitter. Plus, there are always new patterns coming out, and I just keep putting more stuff in the queue! Since I changed jobs last May, I find I have a lot less time to knit too, which also helps to slow me down.

Finally, I want to learn to knit Intarsia colourwork! It looks so complicated using bobbins, and I bet my colour changes would look really weird as I'm horrible at tension (which might also be a skill I need to improve on). But there are so many projects out there that are really cool with intarsia techique, so I guess I'll just have to take the plunge some day!

Can you believe Knitting and Crochet blog week is almost over?! This week has gone by so incredibly fast, sometimes I wonder if I've been awake at all this week? I'll see you all tomorrow for the grand finale of the week :)

/ Jenny

No comments: