Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'm getting a bit tired of mittens...


I thought I would have a finished pair of mittens to show you today, but alas. On Monday night this week I noticed that I seemed to have switched one stitch about ten rows down from where I was. This meant that one of the stitches on the side of the second mitten would be white instead of green (on the green side of the mittens, remember they are reversible?). I thought a while about it and finally decided that I could live with that. I figured I might be able to double-stitch it afterwards. Then on Tuesday I had an incredibly slow day at work, and knitted A LOT on the mitten. I was about to take stitches off for the thumb, when I had a closer look at it. It turns out that it wasn't just one stitch I had switched colour on. It was HALF A ROW! It looked really bad, and I just had to bite the bullet and rip it out. By then it was more than half the mitten!

Ok, fair enough. On Wednesday I knitted a lot after work too, and in the evening I noticed that once again I had switched colour on a row about ten rows down. On about ten stitches. Sigh! Rip rip rip. But now I've taken off the stitches for the thumb (again), and knitted about 2 cm above that, and it FINALLY looks good again! But you can see why I'm getting a bit sick of these mittens now, can't you? I haven't gotten any new photos of it yet though, so you'll have to wait until next weekend. By then I WILL be finished!

To cheer myself up a bit, I decided to cast on for a pair of socks instead. I chose a pair from the 10 socks collection that I'm knitting from, the Blue Lagoon socks. This is the seventh pair I'm knitting from that collection, just three more to go! I'm making them in KnitPicks Stroll yarn (75 % wool/25 % nylon) in colourway Saphire Heather, which is really gorgeous. When I made the gloves I spoke of last time, the Guinevere gloves, I used this yarn too, and I really really like it. I know that it's insanely cheap sock yarn, but I enjoy both the feel of it and it's durability. I've only made one pattern repeat yet, and haven't got any photos to show for it either, so you'll have to take me at my word that they look good :)

If you're wondering why I haven't taken any photos of anything, it's because the snow finally arrived this weekend, and the past couple of days have been quite stormy. So no good daylight! I've spent Saturday on the couch watching bad TV and knitting a lot on the mittens (which even though they are kind of boring to knit on right now look amazing, so I really want to finish them). Thomas has visited his brother in Gothenburg this weekend, so I've had the apartment to myself. Today I've done some cleaning and laundry, adn me and my sister went to our first work out session in about a year. Boy was it hard! My stomach has prevented me from pretty much any exercise this past year, but now I finally feel good enough to start working out again. I'm going to be so sore tomorrow!

/ Jenny

1 comment:

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

fun! I hate ripping out. I probably would have left it. :P

Did you manage to eat something this weekend? hehe Chris and I are headed to the cabin this weekend and thinking a lot about you guys!