Sunday, February 12, 2012

New photos!


I've finally gotten round to taking some new photos today, so now I present to you: The Ramona mittens:


They're double-knitted in KnitPicks Palette yarn (100 % wool, fingering weight) in colourways Cream and Teal (I think you can guess which is which), and I really really like them! They are a bit big, but that's ok, it just means I can get another pair on underneath :)

I also took a new photo of the Silken Scabbard sweater, but that one is taken inside this evening, after sunset. So it's a bit darker, and looks a bit yellow, which it absolutely isn't. Also, the red lines are lifelines (I put them in so I can try the sweater on, as the needle cable is too tight for me otherwise), so ignore those.


I'm just about where the waist is narrowest, so it's pretty straight forward knitting right now, so perfect for work. And I love making sweaters in a bit heavier yarn (this is DK), as it REALLY eats into my stash. And as we're moving in about a month and a half, that is a very good thing!

Other than that, not much has happened these past few days. Thomas had his birthday on Friday, so yesterday a couple of our friends came here for birthday cake, pizza and board games. It was a really nice afternoon/evening, even though Klara won both games we played (I'm not a sore looser, no no!)!

Maybe I've gotten to the sleeves on the sweater when I see you next?

/ Jenny

2 comments:

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

the mittens came out so pretty! IF they're a little big, does that mean they fit thomas too? :)

yay for almost moving!!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

lovely knitting.