Saturday, November 03, 2012

So... More yarn arrived...


Apparently I have no limits any longer! On Thursday I got two packages in the mail, both containing yarn. The first one came from Wollmeise, and contained two skeins of Pure 100 % yarn, which is fingering weight 100 % merino wool yarn.


The colourway is Unbeschreiblich, which means indescribable, and is a lovely sort of purplish brown. The skeins are just over 150 g each, so this is really a lot of yarn. I think I'll try to make some sort of cardigan or sweater out of it eventually. It's a beautiful colour!

The package also contained a mini skein of Pure yarn, 20 g of a lovely green colourway.


I first thought it was the colourway Pfefferminz Prinz, but someone on the Wollmeise forum on Ravelry thought it might be Elfe. It's really pretty too, and with 20 g I can at least use it for one of my Christmas ornament balls.

The second package came from Garnkorgen, and contained four more skeins, of sock yarn this time. All four skeins are Regia sock yarn, the first two were from their Design Line and the colourway is called Spring.


The last two skeins are from their regular 4-ply line, and the colourway is Clown:


Both these colourways are really pretty, and lately I find I have a longing for knitting crazy patterned socks! I need to finish up my Companion Cube that I'm knitting for Thomas first though, as that is going to be a Christmas gift. I have already made about 3/4 of the pattern though, so I'm not worried. Unfortunately, both my grey shades have run out, so I need to get two more skeins. I actually went into town today to buy them, but once there I remembered that it's a holiday today (it's all hallow's eve tonight), so all the stores were closed. Bummer! Now I need to go back on Monday and fix that.

Since I couldn't knit on the cube today, and Thomas has been working on his beer brewing all day, I had to find something to amuse me, so I've been working on the Faramir socks. As I mentioned last time that I barely remembered the name of them, I felt I needed to give them some love. I finished the first sock today!


It's looking really good, although it is a bit on the small side for me. I think it might stretch a bit with wear though. You can hardly see it in this photo, but the colour is a really pale powder pink. I can't wait to finish the second one too, so I can start a new pair! I think I might have made a bit too many cabled socks in a row now, so I need to find something a bit easier.

Ok, I think that's it for tonight. As you can see, I'm trying to update a bit more often, I feel I have been neglecting the blog a bit this Autumn. Hopefully I'll be back soon with a finished Companion Cube to show you. I'll be sure to take a lot of scary photos of the steeking process too :)

/ Jenny

No comments: