Saturday, December 15, 2012

It's almost Christmas!


I really meant to write on Tuesday this week, but I had completely forgotten that I had made plans that evening after work! I went to a craft night with my friends Klara and Karin, at a local flower shop. I made a Christmas flower arrangement, candle holders, and a wreath to hang on the door. 




It was so much fun! We got to choose among lots and lots of supplies in the flower shop, and got lots of help from the shop owner and her mom. It really made us get into the Christmas spirit!

Then on Thursday I had also planned to write, and record a new podcast, but then Thomas called and said he wouldn't be at band practice that evening and came home. I haven't told him yet that I have started recording, because I've talked so much about his Christmas present! I know that he doesn't read the blog, but if I told him I had recorded I think he would be curious and have a listen. So I can only record when he isn't at home :)


But tonight he is a t a concert in Linköping, so I have a couple of hours to myself. I have just finished recording, and I was wondering if any of you know where one can edit the video files? I have Windows Live Movie Maker, but that program just saves the files as something that I can't post online. I want to be able to save it as an mp4 or wmv file, so I can put them up online. Anyone have any tips?

Anywho, I had really hoped that I would be able to show you a finished Omelet shawl by now. I don't remember if I told you the last time, but I was afraid that I would run out of yarn, and I did. I had about 10 rows left, and I really didn't want to buy another skein. I'm not very fond of knitting with this yarn (Färgkraft Pälsblend), and it's quite expensive, so I tried to match it with other stuff in my stash. I tried it with some green Madelinetosh, some green Chili Gredelin yarn, some green Kampes wool, but nothing worked. 




I then went online to Garnkorgen, and ordered another skein of Kampes lace one-ply wool yarn, in colourway Green 215. It arrived on Thursday, and it really, really didn't work at all!


I have no idea what to make with this skein! It's 600 m of lace weight wool, and it's also quite scratchy (I only ordered it because it's cheap). I'm thinking of raffling it off here on the blog, but I don't know if anyone would be interested? I feel like I'm not really promoting this yarn...

So, when no yarns worked, yesterday I finally decided to rip the shawl back. I had made 6 repeats of chart B, and I ripped back until I only had 4. That was 90 rows! That really, really sucked, because I'm so tired of knitting on this one! I just want it off the needles, and now I have to make all of charts D and E all over again (I've knit chart C today). Hopefully it will get done next week.

I'm also itching to cast on for new stuff! I want to make socks so bad! I'm going to cast on for the Ill Met by Moonlight as soon as I've finished the shawl and the Christmas Balls (remember, I'm doing the Crazy KAL where I'm knitting to zero). I also want to use some of my multicoloured Regia sock yarn I bought a while back, but I haven't decided on a pattern yet. I know I said I wanted to make a pair of Carousels, but I have some other options as well.

When I ordered the green skein of Kampes, I also got one skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted yarn, in colourway Berry:


I'm going to use this to make a For Good hat, and this one I want to make as soon as possible too. It's a really pretty pattern, and the proceeds go to charity. Plus, I want to support Megan of the Stockinette Zombies too.

Finally, I want to make me some sweaters! I have some Wollmeise DK in sweater quantity, and I also have the Madelinetosh Pashmina yarn, so I haven't decided which one I'm going to start with. I have several patterns lined up, and today I've also rearranged my queue on Ravelry. I just have to finish my projects first!

Ok, now I'm going to enjoy the rest of the evening alone (I'm going to pick Thomas up at the train station later tonight, so I need to stay awake). I'm sending lots of love and sympathy to all the grieving families in Connecticut today too, it's just too horrible to take in.

/ Jenny

No comments: