Saturday, December 08, 2012

Last yarn of the year?


When I came home from work yesterday, the package from Wollmesie had arrived. I got three skeins of DK (100 % wool) in colourway Pesto:


And one skein of DK in colourway Sabrina:


I already have two skeins of DK Sabrina in my stash, but with this third skein it is enough to make a good-sized sweater. So with this yarn I'll be able to make two sweaters or cardigans for me. I just have to finish the Omelet shawl first! I'm slugging along on it, and it feels like it's taking forever. I finished chart C yesterday and I'm almost halfway through chart D, so I guess it's going faster than I think. But now I'm worried I'll run out of yarn! I decided I wanted to make it a large shawl, so I made two extra repeats of chart B, and I'm starting to doubt that decision. And I of course forgot to put in lifelines. I really don't want to buy another skein of this yarn (Färgkraft Softblend), because I don't really enjoy working with it, so I guess if I do run out, I'll just have to bind off early. I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there.

I also have an FO for you! I finally finished the Companion Cube!


I bought two chair seat cushions that I cut up with a pair of scissors to get the cube shape, and it looks really good! I sewed the last two seams together on Thursday, and now it's hiding in my craft room closet until Christmas. I think I'll probably give it to Thomas before we leave for our parents', the day before Christmas.

Ok, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll be back next week with a finished shawl to show you. I really, really hope so, as I'm getting tired of knitting on it and just want it done!

/ Jenny

No comments: