Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I did it!


I finished my Emelie cardigan! Well in time for the March KAL it was knit for too! I finished it last night, and the photo is of the unblocked cardigan. 


It's blocking right now upstairs, but I am not blocking it very hard. I only wanted the ribbing to stretch and the lace to be completely visible, and you'll get blocked photos this weekend. I am very happy with the cardigan, and the yarn (Sheepy Time Knits Panda Feet) was super soft to work with. It worked out very well to knit the main body in the two skeins that were in the lighter shade, and the ribbing and button bands in the darker shaded skein. This coming weekend is my brother-in-law's birthday, and we're going out for dinner, and I'm really looking forward to wearing my new cardigan!

I've also been working a little bit on my Medusa Cascade socks (The pattern is really called Stansfield 14), and I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed in the colour. It is a lot darker than what I had thought, and I'm not all that fond of the combination with the very short colour bursts. I'll finish the socks, and the yarn in itself is really nice and springy, but they will not be favourites of mine.


Now that the cardigan is finished, I think I'll work a bit on my Gördes socks. They have been neglected ever since they were started, and I really enjoy them. I need to work a bit on the Glacier gloves too, as they are for the Marigold Jen KAL that ends on the 31st of April.

Now I'll go find the Gördes socks though, and give them a little love!

/ Jenny

No comments: