Tuesday, April 02, 2013

More Club Yarn, and another HO


The other day I finished the first of my Jeck socks, and I'm very happy with it so far:


This is the yarn that I dyed myself, and I love how the stripes are coming out! I'm not really enjoying the yarn, as I think I told you, but I'll finish them and wear them proudly only because of the colours.

Today when I got home from work I had gotten the last shipment in the Mad Color Fiber Arts Mad Geek Tour yarn club (sign-ups are open for next round right now!), and once again I am blown away by the yarn! 


It is the Bling base (63 % superwash merino/20 % silk/15 % nylon/2 % sparkling aluminum coated poly fiber), and the colour is called Petrichor (which is what Idris defines as the smell of dust after rain, I actually had to look that up :). This tealy green is really me, and I love it! This will make an awesome pair of socks, although not right now.

Since it was the last shipment I also got the JessaLu bag that was included in the club, and of course I love this as well.


The fabric has all of the Doctor's companions on it, and the swirly things in the background is Galifreyan and says "Hello Sweetie"! It is awesome, and it will be exclusive to the club in the future too! Another version of the fabric will be offered, but it will have a different wording on it. I am very happy that I decided to join in for another three month round in the club, and that theme will also be Doctor Who. Heather of Mad Color has decided to only offer one theme each round, so the Battlestar Galactica theme was postponed indefinitely, at least for now.

And as I decided to not renew the Sheepy Time Knits yarn club, I found myself having funds enough for another club instead. I have been dithering back and forth about this club that Friday Studios is offering, where the theme is the Hunger Games. I think it could be a lot of fun, so I finally decided to sign up. It will run for three months too, from April until June. Frida will send the yarn out on the 5th though, so if you want to join you need to hurry!

Finally, on April 22nd, the fourth Annual Knit and Crochet Blog Week will start. I participated in the first and second, but last year I missed it since it was just after we moved to our house, and I was a bit busy. But this year I'll try to participate again, as it is a lot of fun! Our Host, Mimi over at Eskimimi Makes, gives us seven topics that we write about each day, and it is so much fun to read other bloggers taking part. I really recommend you to check it out!

/ Jenny

No comments: