Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Socks and Yarn


Yeah, the title of this post is really unimaginative, but at least it tells you what it will be about. I got my last order of Fibernymph Dye Works yarn yesterday, and it is sooo cool!


This is her Bounce base (80 % superwash merino/20 % nylon), and the colourway is called Rainbow Riot. It is so much fun! It is striped in yellow, orange, red, purple, blue, teal and green, and I can't wait to cast this on. I think it needs to be just plain vanilla socks, and that will be a bit challenging for me as I find that kind of boring to make. But I think any pattern will take away from the awesome stripes, so I just have to bite the bullet on this one!

I also cast on a new pair of socks during the weekend, as I needed a mindless pattern for work. I chose my Fibernymph Dye Works Bedazzled yarn, in the colourway Leprechaun Socks, and the pattern House Targaryen socks.



They are looking really nice so far, and I'm already almost halfway through the foot on the first sock. It's flying off the needles, even if I'm trying to just knit on it at work. I'm really enjoying the yarn, and this is my first time knitting with a sparkling yarn too. I'm not completely sold on that, but it's ok, and the socks look kind of cool with the sparkly stuff. I love the feel of the yarn though, it's super soft but still feels like it's durable.

Other than that I've mostly knit on the Parcel sweater, and I've just started to increase again after the waist decreases. I haven't gotten any new photos of it yet, as there isn't too much visible difference from the last time I showed it, but it's getting there. I actually knit up a whole skein of yarn on Sunday! It's a fun knit, the cables keep it interesting. I'm just a little bit sad that I probably won't get much use from it until next winter.

This coming weekend I'll be going home to visit my parents, I'm going to help them with some planting and stuff, so I might not be back here until next week. I doubt that I'll have very much progress to show off before I leave on Friday. I haven't been home for quite some time, so that will be nice. I'm leaving Thomas here with the cats, but my sister will be going with me instead.

Oh, this past weekend she and I went for a small shopping trip, and I bought myself a very pretty dress. Isn't it cute?


I'm planning on using it mostly as an every day dress, I have way too many dress-up dresses already. Since I started knitting, I seem to spend less and less money on clothes and more and more on yarn...

/ Jenny

No comments: