Thursday, June 20, 2013

Late night posting


I really should go to bed, but I just have to show off my just recently finished Pikmin:


This is only my third or so attempt at crochet, so I'm pretty darned pleased with myself! It's a little bit wonky, the ears aren't exactly similar, and the legs are pretty weird too, but I don't care. I really really love this little guy! I'm going to start a red one as soon as I have time :)

I also, finally, got my shipments in Mad Color Fiber Arts Doctor Who club yesterday. The shipment had been stuck in customs, as I kind of suspected, but I was extremely happy to find that Heather had included an extra skein as an apology for forgetting my shipment in the first place! I think I'll start by showing you the club shipments. First, there was April's yarn:


This is Bling (63 % merino/20 % silk/15 % nylon/2 % metallic, 411 m/100 g), and the colourway is called Life is Short, and You are Hot (which is from the episode Blink, which is one of the very best, where we meet the weeping Angels for the first time). It is a little bit intense, but I think I like it anyway. 

Then, there was the May yarn:


This is Trance (80 % merino/10 % cashmere/10 % nylon, 412 m/100 g), and the colourway is called The Church at Auvers. This. Is Awesome! It's from the Vincent and the Doctor episode, which is probably even better than Blink. And that is kind of hard for me to admit, as Blink has David Tennant as the Doctor, while the Vincent van Gogh episode stars Matt Smith. And even though I prefer David Tennant (probably over anyone!), the Vincent episode is just so amazing!

Anyway, back to the yarn. I love the colours, and I think Heather did an amazing job capturing all the colours in the original painting (she sent along a picture of it, and I had to look extra closely to see if there was a monster in the window. There wasn't.). I think this skein might be my next pair of socks, after the Mind the Gap socks are done. Which they should be this weekend, I've only got the toe and heel let on the second sock.

Then, as a bonus, I got a skein of Verity (100 % merino, 247 m/100 g), in Dk weight. The colourway is called Police Box Blue!


Even more awesomeness! This is the one colour that I've really been coveting from Mad Color, but I've been too cheap to buy it. And now I have a skein! I think this will probably become a hat for me for next winter, I imagine it will go pretty well with the Tardis shawl I made last summer :) After getting all of these goodies, I decided to join in for the next round too, which will be themed Firefly.

Ok, now I really need to get some sleep. Tomorrow we're having my mother-in-law and at least three (out of four possible) brothers-in-law here for the weekend, which will be a lot of fun and probably lots and lots of board games, but I need some sleep before that. We've cleaned most of the house, I only have one bathroom left to rinse out, but I'll do that tomorrow. They won't arrive until the afternoon, so it should be fine.

See you after the weekend, with some teasers for the upcoming give-aways. This blog is celebrating its fourth anniversary on the 29th of June, and I think we should celebrate!

/ Jenny

No comments: