Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A shorter one this time


Hi, I'm back! And it's only been a little more than a week! Last weekend me, Thomas and Ella went to my niece's christening, and I got to be her Godmother. Her name is Molly (well, Eva Molly Maria), and she is super cute. She was completely fascinated by the whole event at the church, and spent most of it by blowing raspberries with her lips, which is a new trick for her. Ella got to pour the water into the fount, and spent the whole party afterwards playing with my cousin's daughter. I just thought I would show off the little gift I made for Molly:

 
It's the Veslekari Sett, and I made it from one skein of the Knitting Goddess 4-ply sock yarn in the colourway Knit Me, and one skein of Marks & Kattens Fame in a the colourway 631, which is a very bright fuchsia pink. The whole set turned out perfect, and I'm very proud of it, and the hat fits!
 
Last week was a very busy week at work, and then Thomas had his birthday on Friday. We didn't do much that day as I was coming down with a cold, but we're planning a dinner and hotel night sometime soon in the future, when we can arrange some babysitting. Ella and I also started toddler gymnastics this past Sunday, with an association called Knatteskutt. It's for 2-4 year olds, and basically just a bunch of kids running around with lots of balls and three leaders trying their very best to structure the whole thing up. When the kids are that small, one parent has to be there too, and it was so much fun to see Ella having the time of her life. We'll get to go every Sunday for the rest of the semester, and it's kind of her first steps into organized sports.
 
Other than that, not much knitting has been accomplished, as I just haven't had the time. I've knit a little bit on the Texture in colors cardigan for Ella, but not enough to take any new photos, and the first tiger sock is almost done too. The rest of the projects are patiently waiting for some attention!
 
So, I guess that's it. See you all soon!

No comments: